The fact of being the shortest and fullest experience-providing trek makes the Mardi himal trek the best trekking destination in Nepal. So, what are the essentials you should consider carrying on the Mardi Himal trek? Let's take a view of it. The Mardi Himal trek can be completed in 5 to 7 days. Thus, a packing list can be short and affordable.
Packing list of Mardi Himal trek
Table of Contents
The Mardi Himal Trek route leads you from the vibrant city of Nepal, Pokhara to the Mardi Himal base camp with an elevation of (4500m). Therefore, proper planning on the packing list is important. This may include, trekking gear, personal medications & basic necessary amenities. The right choice of gear and equipment will help you to thrive and enjoy the trek, over-packing and the wrong trekking gear can only create hurdles. The list of equipment is as follows:
- Back Pack
A backpack should be 35 to 45 liters. As it is a short trek the requirement on Mardi himal trek will be less.
Now let's talk about the proper trekking equipment and clothing you need to pack.
- Trekking Boots( sturdy trekking boots are recommended)
- T-shirts (better if you manage one for each day )
- Hiking Pants: The pair of hiking pants will be enough and it is easy to fold and wear as a short also.
- Sunscreen or other protection creams from direct sunlight/ Lip balm
- Thermal shorts and trousers: this should help to maintain the heat and make sure it is comfortable.
- Socks and inner-wear: 4 to 6 pairs
- Fleece jacket/down jacket
- Waterproof/ wind Jacket
- Inner/outer gloves
- Woolen cap/ hat
- Power bank/ extra batteries
- Wet wipes/ sanitizer
- Reusable water bottle/ water purification tablet
- Sleeping bag
- Rubber sandal
- Simple first aid kit( motion sickness pills, electronic thermometer, aspirin, iodine tablets, birth control, some oral rehydration packets, and tiger balm for bites and stings.)
- Trekking pole
- Menstrual supplies for women(additional)
- Guidebooks can be helpful
- Favorite food or snacks( protein bars)
- Essential documents( travel insurance, passport, Nepal visa, tickets)
Note: we recommend making copies of the document.
To add on, the Mardi Himal trek is totally located in the rural areas of Nepal. There is no availability of ATMs, banks, or card swipes (tea houses). So, it is recommended to carry enough cash to sustain till your final arrival day.
Make sure you don’t overpack yourself. You may have thought of having a great time packing things like drones, laptops, books, and so on. But practically it is just a extra weight to you. As most of the part is restricted, you need a permit to fly the drone. About other equipment the laptop, the book is basically not needed and you can use your phone to read or do your work. Also about snacks, you can find them in the tea houses but could be more pricey than city area.
Additionally, some persons can be on daily medications. They should carry it along the trek to avoid any problem that may arise regarding their health. Spikes or crampons are recommended for this trek in the winter (December to February). Also, you should bring a rain jacket or poncho if you go on this trek during the summer months (June to August). All in all, Mardi Himal Trek is a moderately challenging trek with astonishing views of snow-peaked mountains like Machhapuchre, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Hiuchuli. It is a fantastic opportunity to explore the pristine beauty of the Annapurna region, immersing own self in the local culture. It will be an unforgettable memory captured in the mind of trekkers who are nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.